More than 3,675,000 pageviews from 150 countries


Saturday, February 15, 2014

Criminal Justice Quote: Cannabis Poisoning in Britain

     A young mother of three died after she was poisoned by the cannabis she smoked to help her get to sleep. Gemma Moss, 31, was killed by the level of the drug in her blood….The regular churchgoer, who was found dead in her bedroom, is thought to be the first women in Britain known to have died directly from cannabis poisoning.

     Her death was caused by cannabis toxicity, and a corner recorded a verdict of death by cannabis abuse. According to inquest testimony, Miss Moss smoked half a joint a night to help her sleep….She had been a frequent user but stopped for two years before her death in October 2013. Her family said she started using the drug again to help her sleep after becoming depressed when she split up with her boyfriend….

Luke Salkeld, "Devout Christian Mother of Three, 31, Becomes First Woman in Britain to Die From Cannabis Poisoning," MailOnline, January 30, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment