6,870,000 pageviews


Tuesday, March 23, 2021

The Demands of Writing a True Crime Book

The tools I have used for my writing career have been my ability to interview people and get them to tell me the truth, and my abilities as an investigative reporter. I might spend weeks verifying some little fact that is just going to be great in my book--it's going to be a little spark. Fiction writers don't need to spend weeks looking for the little spark--they invent it. I write about real people, real Americans getting into trouble, getting out of it, going to the penitentiary, going to the electric chair, being murdered, being saved. And it's all true.

Margaret DiCanio in The 3rd Degree, October 1997

1 comment:

  1. The authors commonly examine actual crimes and detail the actions of real people when creating their narratives.
    Please read my blog: 3 Things Authors Need to Know About True Crime Literature
    Hope this will also help, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete