6,870,000 pageviews


Saturday, April 27, 2019

Thornton P. Knowles On Wedding Receptions

I've only been to a few weddings. A few too many, actually. I found the reception parties I attended puerile and extremely self-indulgent. At the core, these narcissistic jamborees were nothing more than photo opportunities where the wedding photographer was the most important person in the room. And given the fact that none of these marriages survived beyond a few years, these booze laden celebrations ended up hollow and meaningless. I've never been married, perhaps to avoid being involved in one of these depressing celebrations of future misery.

Thornton P. Knowles

2 comments:

  1. At my own wedding reception, I looked at the superb cake on which the caterers had obviously spent hours, and wondered who "Sylvie" was. My wife's name is Sophie.

    ReplyDelete