6,835,000 pageviews


Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Thornton P. Knowles On Eliminating The Celebrity Memoir

The government has paid farmers not to grow certain crops. It would be nice if the government paid professional ghostwriters not to write celebrity memoirs. It would go something like this: Whenever a ghostwriter received a legitimate proposal to write such a book, the writer would take the letter to the Office of Good Taste where he or she would be issued a government check. Because I consider the celebrity memoir genre a stain on literature, I'm deeply in love with this proposal. For some reason, however, I can't get my local congressman interested in pushing legislation to this effect. I would call the law "The Saving Literature Act." And it would be really great if at some future date, the law could be amended to include political memoirs. Now I'm really dreaming.

Thornton P. Knowles 

No comments:

Post a Comment