6,830,000 pageviews


Sunday, July 7, 2019

Thornton P. Knowles On His Story "Twin Kill"

In my short story "Twin Kill," two awful people get married and soon come to hate each other. They each decide to resolve their marital problem the same way by hiring, unbeknownst to each other, a hit man. Two days before their first anniversary, they unknowingly hire the same guy to do the job. The greedy hit man, after taking upfront money from both murder-for-hire masterminds, carries out his assignments by killing them both. Three days after the double murder, the hit man's girlfriend shoots him dead and runs off with his hit money. A week later, she injects a dose of toxic heroin and dies alone in a shabby hotel room. I liked this story because it had no loose ends and the characters got what was coming to them. Unfortunately, magazine editors disagreed. The story ended up dead and alone in my wastebasket. I guess it got what was coming to it. And no loose ends.

Thornton P. Knowles

1 comment:

  1. Doggonit, I'd like to read that! Thornie, you done let me down!

    ReplyDelete