6,815,000 pageviews


Saturday, August 17, 2019

Thornton P. Knowles On Cruelty To Animals

I am soft on animals, particularly pets. Defendants convicted of animal cruelty should be punished as though they have committed their crimes against children. There is no moral or legal justification for animal cruelty. A person who intentionally hurts an innocent and helpless animal is capable of physically abusing a child. While these sadists belong in Hell, very few of them even go to prison. As one of the few people from West Virginia who could never shoot a deer, the sentencing of animal abusers is a criminal justice reality that brings out the vigilante in me.

Thornton P. Knowles

4 comments:

  1. Thornton P, I KNEW I adored you!
    In a literary sense, of course.

    I love curmudgeons, especially when they are curmudgeonly for a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nothing against hunters who hunt for food, although it's not for me, and I hate the taste of game.
    But how do you hurt an animal, especially a domestic animal that unequivocally trusts you? There is something wrong with someone like this. Animal torturers and killers often move onto humans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see where abusing animal gets more time in jail then killing or abusing a child.
    we live in a sick world. Children are not at a higher need and punishment to the criminal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When has that ever happened, that an animal abuser got more time than killing a child? Do you have a link?

    ReplyDelete